Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Mini Baby Shower Cupcakes


We had a baby shower at work and mini cupcakes just seemed appropriate. They turned out wonderful. The cake is a new yellow cake recipe that I just tried, which was delicious and very moist. Unfortunately, I ran out of steam at 11pm and dug through the pantry and found a can of chocolate icing. I piped it on so it looked homemade and topped them with tiny silver dragées. I remember using these as kid to decorate cookies, but I was never able to find in the stores later in life. Apparently the FDA took them off the market or something ridiculous. So what's a girl to do but go to Italy to buy some. I found them in a tiny grocery store in Rome. And the way I see it, if they're good enough for Rome, they're good enough for me!

1 comment:

Jayne said...

oh lord these cupcakes look absolutely delicious!