Saturday, January 3, 2009

Cupcakes in NYC

A few weeks ago I went to visit my good friend in New York City. We both have an affinity for cupcakes, so we made a point to stop at some of the most delicious bakeries. Our original plan for the "cupcake tour" didn't officially happen, because we we always too full to stop at yet another bakery.

I did come across these too-cute-to-eat cupcakes in Chelsea Market.

We also made it to Billy's Bakery in Chelsea. I have been wanting to try this place for awhile after seeing the owner do a segment on Martha. The cupcakes were very good, and the shop was cute, too.

Of course I couldn't go to NY without a trip (okay - trips) to my favorite bakery of all, Magnolia. There is a new one that has opened in Rockefeller Center that is not as crowded as the one located in the Village, where the line wraps around the building!
So many places on the list that we didn't make it to. Like Buttercup, Sugar Sweet Sunshine and Two Little Red Hens, so I have plenty of reasons to return!

No comments: